Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review: Clinique Moisturizers


MOISTURE SURGE EXTENDED THIRST RELIEF GEL

I have always been a big fan of Clinique's Moisture Surge and their concept of dermatologist-created skincare.

As Hong Kong's is very humid, hot and stuffy in the summer, My skin gets really oily. Clinique's Moisture Surge is my go to product for the summer, a totally life saver. It's light and does its job. However it's just not quite enough for the winter therefore I purchased the intense version hoping it would satisfy my skin.

Texture: pink peachy gel
Price: 49.5 USD
Volume: 2.5 oz
Rating: 4/5

PROS:                                                                    CONS:
    -Unscented                                                         -not rich enough for the winter
    -light
    -absorbs quickly

MOISTURE SURGE INTENSE SKIN FORTIFYING HYDRATOR

While I loved the moisture surge gel, the extended thirst was a disappointment.  Knowing that it was a richer creme that contains more nutrients, I used it as a night cream. Yet it was too heavy, even using the tiniest amount possible to spread over the entire face, it made my face feel greasy and shiny. There was also an unpleasant, plastic scent to it which I disliked very much. However I do see this product suitable for someone with extremely dry skin, or where it is very cold and dry in the winter but definitely not suitable for places in Asia like Hong Kong.

Texture: White Creme
Price: 49.5 USD
Volume: 2.5 oz
Rating: 2/5
PROS:                                                                    CONS:                                                                    
    -very rich                                                            -unpleasant scent
                                                                                  -caused slight break out
                                                                                  -only suitable for night cream

DERMA WHITE BRIGHTENING MOISTURE GEL CREAM

As my mother was purchasing their new chubby sticks, I decided to try their Derma White moisturizer.  It was richer moisturizer than the moisture surge and it brightens and evens out your skin tone. I have been using it daily day and night for the past month weeks now. 

Texture: Creme-gel
Price: 49.5 USD
Volume: 2.5 oz
Rating: 3.8/5
PROS:
    -unscented
    -light but not as light as the moisture surge
    -I did see a light difference interms of brightening my skin
    -can be used as day and night creme
    -absorbs quickly

CONS: 
    -not rich enough for those one or two colder/dryer days (I had to use a light serum in     
      addition)
    -not suitable for places with colder winters
Left to Right: Moisture surge intense skin, Moisture surge extended, Derma white




9 comments:

  1. great review, thanks for your lovely comment

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try Clinique's skincare range, thanks for sharing your thoughts~~

    LIVE.IN.LOVE ✞

    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should give their products a try :) its worth it

      Delete
  3. just using them as the only moisturizer doesn't really help much, but I find them very suitable as a touch up to your regular moisturizer for extreme cold or dry days ^___^

    xx,Connie
    CheeryLili | Cheerfully Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a comprehensive review! I love the idea of the gel cream because my skin tends towards the oilier side of the spectrum. I've never used Clinique moisturisers but I am quite keen to after seeing this lovely post!

    Following you now gorgeous,

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gel is a great option esp for warmer weather :) Chk out lancome too, they one thats pretty gd!

      Delete
  5. Great review. Thanks! I've been looking around for a new moisturizer.
    & thank you for visiting my page!

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Pin It button on image hover